Ozzfest officially confirms venue for 2027 return

Ozzy Osbourne performing live on stage, photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty

The venue for Ozzfest 2027 has been officially announced. Read on for more details.

  • Read More: Ozzy Osbourne, 1948-2025: culture-smashing revolutionary that redefined rock and reality TV

Ozzy Osbourne‘s widow and manager, Sharon, first shared plans to revive the legendary live event earlier this year. She said Ozzfest – which hosted its first edition in 1996 – would “absolutely” return with the former Black Sabbath frontman’s blessing.

Sharon later said that next year’s instalment would take place at Birmingham’s Villa Park – the stadium that staged Ozzy and Sabbath’s final-ever live performances last summer, just weeks before his death aged 76.

This has now been confirmed in a post on the official Ozzfest social media channels. An image shared last night (Monday August 17) shows the stadium – located in Aston, where Ozzy grew up – from above.

The photo includes the stage for last year’s historic ‘Back To The Beginning’ concert, along with the Ozzfest logo. “Ozzfest to return in 2027 at Villa Park,” a message at the bottom reads.

In the caption, organisers promised that “more info on everything” would be “coming soon”. See the post here:

Sharon previously vowed to “find a lot of young, new talent” for the rebooted Ozzfest, telling her son Jack that this was “what your dad would want”. She also teased an upcoming US leg of the event.

More recently, Sharon suggested that Ozzfest 2027 could span “two nights” in Birmingham, but said this would be “up for the fans to tell me”.

As for who could be on the line-up, and when official news would be coming, she added: “Of course we’re speaking to people. I can’t let that out yet, but it’ll be soon.”

Ozzfest’s final edition was held in Inglewood, California on New Year’s Eve 2018, and boasted performances from Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, DevilDriver and Ozzy himself, among others.

Speaking to NME in 2025 ahead of Osbourne’s final show, Sharon said Birmingham had “done so much and is such a huge part of who [Black Sabbath] are”.

“They’re not one of these bands that drop the accent and suddenly become rockstars,” she continued. “Sabbath have always been Birmingham born-and-bred. This is the home of metal and this is where it started. Ozzy’s dad worked in a metal factory literally making metal!”

Meanwhile, Sharon has reiterated that the planned AI-powered avatar of her late husband is not about cashing in on his legacy.

“I’ve seen such shit online about it being a ‘money grab’,” she explained. “Why would I need to do that? It’s not as if I’m using Ozzy to sell fucking weedkiller or beer. Ozzy loved the idea. We’ve been talking about it for 10 years.”

Ozzy Osbourne at Black Sabbabth's 'Back To The Beginning' in Birmingham. Credit: Ross Halfin
Ozzy Osbourne at Black Sabbath’s ‘Back To The Beginning’ in Birmingham. Credit: Ross Halfin

Sharon had defended the plans for the project earlier this summer, insisting that she “doesn’t need your fucking money”. Jack has responded to the backlash, too, by claiming that his father “would be into this”. He said: “It’s gonna be so tasteful what we’re doing. It’s not gonna be fucking lame.”

Meanwhile, Universal Studios is launching two Ozzy-inspired haunted houses, saying it will help “grow his licensing program around the world”.

In other news, Sharon revealed the advice Ozzy had given her to remember him on the first anniversary of his death last month, as his former Black Sabbath bandmates paid tribute.

That same day, the first-ever official ‘Ozzy Day’ was held in his home city of Birmingham. Jack urged fans to share stories about his dad, saying he wanted to “fill the entire day of July 22 with just awesome Ozzy stories”. His daughter Kelly also spoke about how she was coping one year on, saying that she doesn’t “just mourn the father I lost. I mourn the soul I was before [his] death”.

Jack confirmed earlier this year that a biopic about his parents Ozzy and Sharon is “absolutely” happening, and is slated for a 2028 release. He’d previously revealed that a “phenomenal” lead actor was attached to the film.

Elsewhere, Kelly Osbourne has hit back at Dee Snider’s “attempt to belittle” Ozzy, saying that her “father’s legacy as a musician, songwriter, singer and bandleader speaks for itself”.

The post Ozzfest officially confirms venue for 2027 return appeared first on NME.